Friday, April 18, 2008

Month and a half in review (bulleted edition)

Since my now next-to-last post, I have...

- almost finished teaching an undergrad course (6 more papers to grade!)

- finished my dissertation proposal

- started my dissertation ethics proposal

- complained a lot about both my dissertation proposal and dissertation ethics proposal

- submitted papers for publication - fingers crossed!

- been accepted to a summer program at Oxford

- successfully tested for eighth kyu in aikido

- panicked about being accepted to the summer program at Oxford

- had a long visit with my Sweetie

- ordered a whole pile of dissertation books

- started exercising again

- took a weekly swimming class to improve my skills

- gotten in touch with a few old friends

Lots accomplished. Lots still left to go. But, seeing things listed like this reminds me of the progress that I'm making, and that things are happening. Bit by bit. Step by step. Little by little. Plus, there are all the little moments in between the big things that just fill things out and make life all the better. Great conversations. Good meals. Hugs. Long walks. Compelling reading. Sleeping in. Staying up late. Napping.

There lots of stress, but there's more to smile about. Works for me.

No comments: