Saturday, July 07, 2007

Hot time, summer in the city

After 15 or so hours on the train, I've arrived in Big City safe and sound. The trip was good, if a bit long, and I'm happy to be here and to be settling in a bit. Hopefully soon there will be a bit of routine of sorts, too - some exercise (since I very desperately need it), some groceries, some hanging out, and some weekend trips involving a few not-too-touristy destinations.

Sadly, it won't all be fun and games. I have some RA work I want to do, and a few papers that I want to get in shape (or even to write in the first place!) for publication. I also have a dissertation proposal to get to get started on and, for that matter, as dissertation to think about writing (eep!). However, I have every intention of taking as much downtime as I can and enjoying this visit as much as possible. I have knitting and novels and all manner of other pleasant things that I just haven't seemed to have had any time for over the last while as I've fought to get all this work done. And, most importantly, my sweetie is here, and we're going to have a good long visit together. He's even managed to arrange to spend a lot more time working from home, and I'm looking forward to just hanging out while we both work.

For now, I think perhaps I'll head out for some groceries and maybe a bit of a walk. There may be more exciting things to report later, and photos to share, but for now I'm happy for a low-key lack of news.

No comments: