Thursday, January 24, 2008

Seven weird things

Accepting the general invite at Bitter Betty Blogs, here are seven weird things about me.

Despite my usual claims to being weird, odd, strange, and generally kind of quirky, seven things was surprisingly hard to think of. I feel like not being able to think of seven weird things is in itself rather weird. Of course, more will spring to mind at three this morning...

1. I can barely stand to have my belly button touched.

2. I also hate the feel of nylons. While I hate the material and the fact that they fall down, I really hate the way they snag on any rough bits or edges. It turns my stomach just thinking about pulling them on. /shudder

3. When I sleep, I must be covered from my head to my chin. Preferably in a whole lot of blankets. Even in summer. And I must be on my stomach.

Okay, so I've made it to three, and just realised that I covered this rather in-depth here. So, some of these are doubles, but now I'm going to try for four new ones to get me up to seven. Oh, the challenge!

4. There are remarkably few movies that I can stand to watch over and over again. I have a DVD player, and a collection of a whole three DVDs (well, two of them are TV series seasons). I just have no interest in watching things over and over again.

5. I obsess over even the most basic emails to get my wording right. I can ponder a three sentence email for hours to make sure that my tone, meaning, message, and word choice are all right. All this, even though I doubt any one notices, or even cares.

6. I'm scared of heights, but whenever I'm on a high-up balcony, I entertain fantasies of climbing up on the railing and just hanging out. (It would never happen, I just can't seem to prevent myself from thinking about it.)

7. I do my best thinking in the shower, but the ideas go away soon after I'm done. Some days, I've gone running to my desk with goo still in my hair just to get at paper and a pen to write something down.

2 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Yep, you definitely are very weird. But then again, so am I:-) I did this exercise on my blog last year, too.

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Fantastic.
Thanks for playing.. I can't stand it when my toes are pressed togther.. But it wasn't a job so I skipped it this time.

I think I have good ideas in the shower... But maybe just wet ideas.