Thursday, February 14, 2008

Social balance

It has come to my attention that I live under a rock. It may be a very comfortable rock, but it's a rock nonetheless.

I think this is something else that I need to work on.

I walked out of my office today, and saw two of my friends together, holding hands and kissing.

This surprised me. It was a good surprise, but a surprise nonetheless.

I ran into a friend a few minutes later, and asked when Tall One and Cute One had gotten together.

Apparently, over a year ago.

Over. A. Year. Ago.

Oops.

Apparently something else I need to balance in my life is social time. While I certainly don't think that not knowing the latest news and/or gossip is tragic by any stretch, it might be nice to know nice things that are happening to my friends in a timely fashion. So, with that in mind, I'm going to try for a bit more hang-out time on campus and at work, and see what transpires. I'll let you know what happens.

And now, back to cleaning out under my rock a bit more. It may be a comfy rock, but it's also a very messy and cluttered one right now.

No comments: