Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Sustainable blogging?

So, while I've been learning, or at least trying some things to make my life more balanced and sustainable, apparently one thing I have yet to figure out is how to sustain this blog, or at least get to it more often.

I still need to post pictures of the disater that is currently my apartment.

I still need to set out some guidelines for the purge that I'm working on.

I still need to think and write through some of the other things I want to work on - health, community and relationships, work, and so on.

Oops.

However, even though I haven't been writing about these things, I have been working on some of them. So, in the interest of being at least somewhat accountable, and making sure that I note accomplishments as much as failures, here are a few things that I've done over the last week or two.

- I've gotten together a bunch of clothes to go to Goodwill, in the interest of simplifying my apartment
- I've picked up a bunch of healthy foods and have been eating yummy and good-for-me foods (well, yummy except for the apple-lettuce smoothie - yes, you read that right - which we will henceforth never speak of again)
- at work, I've at least managed to get my lectures started early in the week, even if my general perfectionism means I'm still tweaking them a half hour before class
- at home, I've cleared my desk - as well as the bookshelf with my work texts on it - so that I now have more of a workspace (there are still some lovely before pictures though, I think)
- I've signed myself up not only for another semester of aikido, but also for advanced adult swim lessons, which I'm hoping to write about soon (truly, this was a pretty great decision)
- ever night, before I go to sleep, I've started reading something non-work related - it's lovely
- I haven't turned on the TV since I got home, which has freed up lots of time for working on all of these other things (hooray - this one feels great!)

So, that's how things have been chez moi. It's been busy, but I'm feeling good about how the year has started, and am looking forward to getting more into these things as time progresses and, with any luck, talking about them more too. Perhaps that's the next thing that I should work on...

No comments: