Thursday, November 02, 2006

My first meme

I've never done a meme before. And so, while this might normally be a bit of a cop-out, and probably not something I would normally do (I'd ratherv write than answer a bunch of questions), I'm happy to be completing my first meme as a part of NaBloPoMo.

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?

I opened Marilynne Robinson's Housekeeping, and there are only two paragraphs on page 18. So...that doesn't work so well, now does it?

2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?

My second nightstand. If I curve my fingers a bit, I can feel my knitting (Lamb's Pride worsted, for a Christmas gift - details to follow in a later post.)

3. What's the last program you watched on tv?

Law and Order: SVU. I don't have cable, and my powered antenna only gives me about 5 1/2 channels, yet somehow I get law and order ten times a week, two times every weeknight. I'll take what I can get.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.

10:30 (only off by 4 minutes - yay!)

5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?

The TV in the background, and a neighbour playing music. I can also hear the engine of the bus that picks up outside my apartment and is idling out there right now.

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?

I walked to the grocery store tonight to pick up some veggies and take a break from marking. It was chilly and was windy, and it started to snow while I was outside. While it's good to get out, it's nice to come home and cook and nest afterwards.

7. What are you wearing?

Some pink cotton dress pants, a brown wool sweater, the standard undergarments, my watch, and some gold-ish earrings.

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?

I did (and have for the last few nights.) Trouble is, I can't seem to remember what any of those dreams are. I wake up every morning feeling tired and discombobulated and out of sorts, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly what I dreamed. This is especially disconcerting because I usually remember my dreams in vivid detail.

9. When was the last time you laughed?

Tonight, while talking on the phone with my boyfriend. He makes me laugh a lot and often - just one thing that I love about him.

10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?

A mirror, some lights, and a new painting/print done by the aforementioned boyfriend.

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?

Yes. I live in a city of strange things and people. The mullets alone are strange and frightening.

12. What do you think about this meme?

It's okay - it's given me day two content for this blog, which is a good thing. And, for my first meme, I like the variety of content.

13. What's the last film you saw?

I went to see Little Miss Sunshine in the theatre (first theatre movie in a few years). It was hysterical. Dark, dark, dark, but funny as hell.

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?

Set aside enough for my degree. Maybe get a little house or something, Invest a bunch. Give some to family and friends. Give a lot to charity.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.

I can't stand that feeling when a jagged edge of toenail or rough skin catches on nylons when I'm putting them on or off. Just thinking about it creeps me out and leaves me feeling like I want to gag.

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?

Poverty - would absolutely make poverty go away. It's the cause of so many issues, and so much heartache.

17. Do you like dancing?

Goodness, yes! In addition to many years of dance classes, I love just getting out and moving. Sometimes, when the floor is clear, I just dance around my apartment for fun. And boy, is it ever fun.

18. George Bush?

Do I like, him? Goodness, no! Except for entertainment, that is. Then he's a scream.

19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?

I have no idea. There are a bunch of names that I like, and a bunch that I hate. I have a pretty ordinary and common name, so those that are a bit (just a bit!) off the beaten track seem to be rather attractive to me.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?

Sure thing, although it would probably depend on the country and the reasons for the move.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?

I'm going to heaven? Sweet! Other than that, I have no idea what I'd like to hear there. Deep question, though.

22. Who should do this meme?

Anyone who wants to. I'm certainly not going to force anyone (if for no other reason than I think that I have all of one or two readers at this point.)

No comments: