Sunday, November 12, 2006

Oopsie

Well, I missed yesterday. I suppose I should have expected that I wouldn't be perfect at this but, really, I'm not that upset about it. I had a migraine, and something stomach-flu-ish, and anything having to do with the computer was really not going to happen past a certain point.

On the up side, my stomach is feeling much more settled, and I'm making myself something yummy for dinner:



In the read enamelled pot at the back are rice noodles, in the stainless steel skillet are a bunch of veggies and pad thai sauce, and in the small black cast iron pan are shrimp, which will be followed shortly by a scrambled egg. Toss it all together and you have pad thai, from the lovely cook book Hot Sour Salty Sweet.

Also hovering around are some of my favourite Le Creuset pots, which are lovely to cook in, and an inheritance from mom. My kitchen, while not always perfectly clean, does produce a lot of good food, and I love having good equipment to work with - it really makes a difference.

And now, to eat.

No comments: