Friday, November 17, 2006

Pre-weekend wrap up

I had a long and really frustrating week (as is often the case), and I feel like I need to sit down and think about what I've accomplished this week so that I don't keep feeling so down. Sometimes in all the hustle and bustle of life I just forget how much I've actually done. Even if there's more that I was supposed to do, or wanted to do, seeing it all in a list is really helpful to me, I find.

So, this week I:

- met with upwards of 20 students about their upcoming papers
- fielded over 50 detailed and long-ish emails about the same
- graded one final student essay
- read a few chapters of comps books
- got about 75% of next week's class lecture on post-colonialism finished
- handled all of the work and academic emails that I was supposed to (something that I tend to put off)
- changed plane tickets so that I can stay a bit longer for horribly-relevant-to-dissertation symposium in early December
- cooked most of my own food
- had long and rather productive lunch time chat with a good friend
- started an easy crochet project for when I'm curled up in bed
- filed numerous big piles of academic papers into filing cabinet (which also helped to clear off the floor)
- started in on not-so-top-secret Christmas gift

So, really, although there are things yet to do, I feel pretty good about this week, and I appreciate the opportunity to focus in on what I've been doing well, instead of what I didn't do so well at. And, there's always tomorrow, or next week, or even next month, which is comforting.

No comments: